Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

My final thoughts day 7

Final thoughts Friday and Saturday


Friday was a very special day for me. We were going back to CISNA to attended a fathers day ceremony for the fathers that work there and for Jon and Krik who is another full time missionary who lives in El Salvador.  The boys made both of them a beautiful handmade metal work scalpture/painting and it was really great to be a asked to attend this celebration. It was truly wonderful to see how much these people love Jon and Danielle down deep in there souls, you can see it in there faces.

We also finished painting the tires around the main area and I think it looked awesome.

As the week came to close last night each of us shared how the week had changed us with the group. The stories each person told as we went around the room will be locked away in my mind forever, lots of tears lots of laughing and a big group hug at the end. Rina's idea and it was a good one.

We accomplished some many things this week that will help in people's day to day lives. But really for me it was the relationships both old and new that so many times this week took my breath away.

The old .. Well not old but I could not think of a better term.
Dave Meyers is so off the charts an amazing person and I can't even begin to tell you! He talked about hope, faith and love and he himself exudes those qualities in the way he lives his life.

The Meyers boys.... I guess let's just leave it at this, if my kids act like these 3 when they are this age Hayley and I will be so blessed. Chrissy and Dave you have and continue to raise amazing children!!

Jon, Danielle Ian and Tory ..... All I can say is wow, I will never have the faith they have, their faith alone I believe will leave a lasting impression in a place that is dangerous and rough and at times totally overwhelming. They have really changed people's lives for real!

The New

The "Pastor" in Usuluton was a very determined man and again to watch someones dream of doing something so simple as baking bread and to help him realize that dream is a felling I have never experience. His smile can light up a very dark place!

Susan, Jake and Nate, I want your parents to understand what kind of young men and women you were this week. I could not be more proud to call you my friends. 100% polite, humble, giving, hard working, funny, thoughtful and overall just great to be around.

Fran and Adrien, our interpreters and overall guides for the week. Now these two have inspried me. They were getting paid this week to translate for us, not much by they way. But the stayed with us the whole time, the worked right beside us the whole time the prayed with us, they laughed with us, they became a complete extention to our team and these guys are off the charts amazing people! I miss you guys already!!!!!! "Fran my man you are in charge this week don't let those discovery guys push you around while I'm not there, you are the supervisor sister!" sorry inside joke.

Rina,  this young lady is someone very special Dave said it best at our davosional on Friday. She is going to make a difference in this world in a big way, she will change people's lives.....period!!! What a warm and engaging person!!!  

Judy and Fran our hosts who run and live full time at the YWAM base. These two people have teams 24 by 7 in their house ... All the time from all over the place. Think about that for a minute 24 by 7 in your home everyday. I would go nuts !!!! These 2 would have done anything to help us or anyone else around them in their country and just like Jon and Danielle they have no salary or hourly wage they our funded and live by donation. Wonderful people!

Loraine, also lives full time at the base and was another blessing for us she sells snacks to help  make money as well to fund her mission work. She is a very sweet person loving and caring and again took great care of us.

Our 2 friends Seth and Unger these guys were a great addition to our team. They were a blast to hang out with and get to know as the week went on! Unger should get his on Salvadorian TV show his is one heck of an entertainer. This guy is so fun to be around. On Friday night we all went to Pizza Hut and Unger told the waitress it was my birthday and the brought out cake and put a paper hat on me and everyone was singing, the guy is just not right!

And last but in no way least David .. He was one of the boys at CISNA that from the moment I stepped foot in the place was hugging me and we got to know each each other over a couple of days. I love this little guy and I will miss his smile. Ingar, Todd, Doc, Coach or Matt if you read this, while your there next week look David up and give him a hug from me!

So what did I learn this week. Dave said it best Faith, Hope and Love if you somehow you combine all of those 3 emotions and you somehow find it in yourself to change the world no one can stop you!

Thank you again to my beautiful wife Hayley for holding down the fort and for all of you who gave your hard earned money to help support this trip. I will never forget what you have done to help us change the world.

Peace G.

No comments:

Post a Comment